The Civil Service Commission of Keokuk, Iowa will hold physical agility and written examinations Saturday, October 12, 2019 to become eligible for appointment to the Keokuk Police Department.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Be a U.S. Citizen and reside within 10 miles of the city limits of the City of Keokuk upon employment
- Hold a valid Iowa driver’s license at time of employment
- Not be addicted to drugs or alcohol [modified for Chapter 400 civil service positions by §400.17 of the Code of Iowa]
- Be of good moral character as determined by a thorough background investigation including a fingerprint search conducted of local, state and national fingerprint files and have not been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude
- Base salary $41,714.00
- Step raises each of the first four years
- Annual raises
- Longevity Pay
- Holiday Benefit
- Uniform Allowance
- Medical, vision, life, and dental insurance
- Vacation, compensatory, personal, and sick leave
- Excellent MFPRSI Pension
- Gym Membership
Application forms and information concerning qualifications for the examinations may be obtained at the Keokuk City Offices, 601 Main Street, Suite 3 or by clicking on this link City of Keokuk Application.
Applications must be returned to City Offices, 601 Main Street, Suite 3, Keokuk, Iowa, 52632, by NOON on Friday, September 27, 2019.
The City of Keokuk is an equal opportunity employer.