2020 Schedule For Recycling & Yard Waste Pick Up
Special Events Permit
Please click here to download the special events permit. This permit is used for all events on public property outside normal use of the property. This includes fun run/walks, parades, fundraisers, tournaments, rallies, car shows, festivals, etc.
City Wide Clean Up
Providing you are a residential customer that pays for garbage collection within the corporate city limits of Keokuk, the City of Keokuk will provide you with vouchers to dispose of two loads free of charge to the Lee County Transfer Station. The program runs twice a year. As the program stands right now, the vouchers will be provided during the months of April/May and October/November.
For more information call City Hall at 319-524-2050
Rules and Regulations for Recycling
Curbside collection of recycling materials is subject to these rules and regulations:
- Items shall be set our for collection on the same days as your regular refuse pickup no later than 7:00a.m.
- Recycling items will be collected every other week according to the printed schedule.
- Recycling items shall be placed in green recycling bin(s) or other containers not used for regular trash with a recycling sticker affixed.
- Items accepted include the following:
- Plastic #1 – #7, Aluminum, Cardboard, Tin (Clean), Newsprint, Magazines
- Note: Clear glass is no longer accepted as a recycling material.
- There are occasions when double pickups of residential refuse will occur because of holidays, which will delay the pickup of recycling materials.
- Recycling items can also be deposited at the Great River Regional Solid Waste Transfer Station located on Carbide Lane or at the drop-off trailer at 12th and Johnson Street.
Great River Regional Waste Authority
111 Carbide Lane
Monday – Friday 8AM – 4PM
Saturday – 9AM – 12PM
Sunday – Closed
Keokuk Government Access – Channel 9
The Government Access Channel will put on air (non profit) ads. It airs council meetings on Channel 9, on the first and third Thursday of the month.
Manager: Sue Dickson
Channel 9 calendar is for the tri-state area, non-profit organizations. Benefits must be sponsored by a non-profit organization. Please send information two weeks in advance of event, by mail, e-mail, fax, or drop off to (to be announced) Street. Messages may be edited due to limited space. Office hours: 6:00-8:30 p.m. – 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month.