The Keokuk Police Department is now accepting applications for the position of Full-Time Police Officer. Applications can be picked up at the following locations:
- Keokuk Police Department, 1222 Johnson Street, Keokuk
- Keokuk City Hall, 415 Blondeau Street, Keokuk
They can be picked up between the hours of 8am – 4pm Monday through Friday; or you can print an application from our website http://www.cityofkeokuk.org/police-department-testing.
Law enforcement officers in Iowa must meet minimum standards established by the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy (ILEA). Civil service commission and law enforcement agencies may apply different tests and impose higher standards than the minimum standards set by the ILEA, as long as the minimum standards and tests are successfully passed and met.
- Be a U. S. Citizen and a resident of Iowa or intend to become a resident upon being employed;
- Is 21 years of age at the time of appointment;
- Hold a valid Iowa driver’s license;
- Not be addicted to drugs or alcohol;
- Be of good moral character as determined by a thorough background investigation including a fingerprint search conducted of local, state and national fingerprint files;
- Have not been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude;
- Successfully pass physical fitness tests;
- Not be opposed to use of force to fulfill duties;
- Be a high school graduate or hold a GED certificate;
- Have uncorrected vision of not less than 20/100 in both eyes, corrected to 20/20, and color vision consistent with the Occupational demands of law enforcement;
- Have normal hearing in each ear (hearing aids are acceptable if a candidate can demonstrate sufficient hearing proficiency to perform all necessary duties of a law enforcement officer)
- Be examined by a physician and meet the physical requirements necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of a law enforcement officer.
- Undergo psychological testing.
All completed applications and resume must be dropped off at Keokuk City Offices. Applications will be accepted through October 20, 2017 at 12:00pm. If you are mailing an application, address as follows:
Keokuk City Offices
415 Blondeau Street
Keokuk, Iowa 52632