The Civil Service Commission of the City of Keokuk, Iowa is conducting tests for Police Department applicants on Saturday, June 10, 2023 at 9:00 A.M. Interested applicants must submit a completed City of Keokuk application form before 3:00 pm on Friday, September 15, 2023 to the Keokuk Police Department, 1222 Johnson St. Certified officers may not be required to complete the physical or written examination.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Reside within 45 minutes of the city limits of the City of Keokuk in the state of Iowa upon employment
- Hold a valid Iowa driver’s license at time of employment
- Not be addicted to drugs or alcohol [modified for Chapter 400 civil service positions by §400.17 of the Code of Iowa]
- Be of good moral character as determined by a thorough background investigation including a fingerprint search conducted of local, state and national fingerprint files and have not been convicted of a felony or a crime involving moral turpitude
- Base salary $50,654.00
- Step raises each of the first two years
- Annual raises
- Longevity Pay
- Holiday Benefit
- Uniform Allowance
- Medical, vision, life, and dental insurance
- Vacation, compensatory, personal, and sick leave
- Excellent MFPRSI Pension
- Gym Membership
- Incentive for residing in city limits of Keokuk
- Up to $10,000 sign on bonus for certified officers
Application forms and information concerning qualifications for the examinations may be obtained at the Keokuk Police Department, 1222 Johnson Street, or by clicking on this link for a City of Keokuk Application Packet.
Applications must be returned to the Keokuk Police Department, 1222 Johnson Street, Keokuk, Iowa, 52632, by 3:00 pm on Friday, September 15, 2023.
The City of Keokuk is an equal opportunity employer.